Phones are often locked to the network that originally sold them. Companies usually do that so they can make up for the cost they had to pay to the manufacturer of the device. By doing so, these companies enable the network lock restriction on the device making the cellphone only usable with sim cards that connect to the signal of the original network provider. Phone unlocking is the process of unlocking that restriction which enables you to switch carriers while keeping the same phone. And since your phone is your property according to law, it is 100% legal to unlock your phone in any country worldwide.
Unlocking your phone will make it functional on any compatible network so you are not tied to a specific service that is expensive or one that provides poor network quality. Also, if you are travelling abroad and do not wish to pay all these roaming charges, by unlocking your phone you can use it on a local network provider. On the other hand, if you are selling your mobile phone, unlocking your phone can increase its value between 50-100 dollars on average.
So whether it is an iPhone, a Samsung or an HTC phone, they can all be unlocked using cellsunlock.com
Some frequently asked questions regarding phone unlocking:
- How do I unlock my phone? In order to unlock your phone you will need your phone’s make, model, the carrier your phone is locked to and the IMEI number.
- How can I get the IMEI number of my phone? You can get the IMEI number by dialing (as if you are making a call) *#06# and the first 15 digits are your phone’s IMEI number
- Is it safe to unlock my phone? Unlocking your phone will not harm it in any way, all that unlocking does is removing a restriction installed by the network provider that sold you the phone
- Will my phone ever get re locked? Once your phone is unlocked, it is unlocked permanently and it will never re lock again
- Is it legal to unlock my phone? It is 100% legal to unlock your phone no matter where you are. In the US it was not legal for a period of time but as of 2015 it is absolutely legal to unlock your phone in the US.